Thank you for asking me my top 5 and not my top 3 or my favorite... It's so difficult when it comes to books! Even choosing just 5 was a difficult task! LOL
I'll do a top 5 books at the end of the year with my favorite books among what I read this year! And I hope to be able to do it every year! This list hasn't changes in a long time... Position number 5 changes occasionally, but number 1 and 2 are pretty strong!
This list is quite weird because all the books are extremely different as for topic, form and language.
1. Hamlet by William Shakespeare I've loved this book since the first time I read it and I saw every movie it came out about it! I think it's Shakespeare greatest work and the best play of all times!
2. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet I read this book many times! I love the story and I love way the characters are written. They are so human!
3. La Lenteur (Slowness) by Milan Kundera Again another book I go back to often! The best among the other books by Kundera
4. Novecento by Alessandro Baricco Amazing monologue! I wanted Eric to read it but I can't find an english copy, but the movie The Legend of 1900 with Tim Roth is based on this book. If you can;t read the book, watch the movie.It's a masterpiece!
5. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss so moving and so well written! I love this author!