Just let me say this first: Dear Beauty and the Beast franchise, here, take all my money, this is my wallet, this is my bank account number, just take it... Just give me my dignity back... Because I'm 30 years old and I can't cry at the movies like that for a Disney Movie (I can do it at home any time, but NOT at the movies) I just can't.
Okay, now that this is out of my system... before I spend the evening obsessing over Dan Stevens (I fell for the guy when I saw him on Legion to be honest with you... I mean, you know me... crazy skinny guys? I just have to go there), let me tell you a little bit about my life at the moment.
☾ As you can tell from the title I'm at war with a woodpecker who's annoying the whole neighborhood, pecking like he's on crack or something! We don't have a bug problem, but he just looooooves insulation material, and he's having the time of his life pulling it out, and having a laugh! Thing is... he's a beautiful bird so, I feel bad hating him so much! So, now he pecks and I knock on the wall to make him stop, and then I see him going to the neighbors and then - in 30 minutes - he's back, and we start our dance all over again!
☾ Today I had a pretty good day. I had coffee with my friend/former realtor Winnie, we ended up chatting for 2 hours no stop. Next time we're going to be more active, and go do one of these painting classes where they offer wine and cheese and you pretend you're there because you feel like creating!
☾ After coffee, I went for a bike ride and I went to get some sushi for lunch. There was a lot of people in front of me and the place is not that big. A girl came in after me and, since she was alone as I was, I asked if she wanted to join me if I got a table... It seemed such a waste to sit on a big table alone while people were going hungry. We ended up talking for an hour and an half, and we had a great lunch! At the end of it I said "that was fun, it was like a surprise blind date" and we had a final laugh. That was fun and it felt nice!
☾ I have to vent on one stupid thing! Is it just me or it's THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER when you are walking/biking and someone pass by on a car and honks or shouts a "complimet"? THANK YOU A$$H0LE, NOW THAT YOU APPRECIATED ME, I FEEL SO GOOD! GO FU*K YOURSELF! Thing is... in Italy, it happens too, but I yell back or i give them the finger... I can't do it here because WHAT IF THEY HAVE A GUN? I hate it! And it happens all the time! I just wish I could answer and shut them up!
☾ And I just want to talk a little about Beauty and the Beast so SPOILER FREE: I loved it! It was so damn good, and I did cry real tears, not internet tears! Everything was perfect... Once Upon a Time sort of ruined Belle and "the Beast" for me, I forgot how good the real thing was... Eric never saw it and doesn't know the story (he lived under a rock) so it's going to be fun showing it to him... and nowSPOILERS: This is what I loved the most:
- We get to know the story of why the Beast is who he is. In the 1991 version, we just saw him as a spoiled shallow Prince, and then Belle comes in and changes him... We also feel sorry for the servants, that got stuck in the curse for apparently no reason! In this version we find out that the servants really love their master and they feel guilty, because they did nothing to protect him when - after his mother died - he got raised by his awful father. They just watched, never intervening, and they think they deserve the curse. Also, the Beast says to them he's sorry he was not able to free them as he did with Belle, showing that he cared about them as much as they cared about him! Also he is educated and knows a lot about books, so there is some extra banter with Belle and they connect on a deeper level!
- The scene where they "run away" and visit Belle's childhood home, where they find out what happened to her mother, was a great addition to the story!
- I can't just not giggle when in a movie there is my beloved Ewan McGregor and the sentence "Come What May" even if it's the Beast singing it in For Evermore (what a fu*king powerful song) I just can't avoid connecting it to Moulin Rouge and I get a little poke in the feels!
- I loved how the people of the village were also under the curse. They forgot about the Castle and the people who was working there, and - of course - there were friends and family working for the prince. I also love how the Agathe the Enchantress/Hattie Morahan was in the Village the whole time.
- They did a great job with the whole cast, but LeFou/Josh Gad was just amazing! The role was so perfect for him! And I LOVED all his lines
- They added elements of diversity and they did it in the right way without forcing it! When the 3 musketeers have an encounter with Madame Garderobe/Audra McDonald (what a voice) and she dresses them up as girls, one of them is very happy, and she says to him to go free and he does! Plus, at the end, this same guy ends up dancing with LeFou, alluding at the fact LeFou might be gay and that explains why he's still single and he's so obsessed with Gaston! Luke Evan's Gaston was perfect! It was less annoying than the cartoon version and more "evil", his song was great and the whole scene very well done!
- I'm not going to talk about Dan Stevens because I just love him too much, and Emma Watson was great! I could not imagine anyone else as Belle!
Now the things that I liked less
- At the beginning, in the Prologue, when the voice says "Who could ever learn to love a Beast" it wasn't dramatic enough! The whole Prologue needed a different tone, especially that sentence!
- There was no extra scene at the end, I blame you Marvel! But I enjoyed all the credits!
- I don't know how I feel about it when, at the end, there is a moment between Maurice/Kevin Kline and Mrs Potts/Emma Thompson when they look at each other... In this movie she's married and finally reunited with her husband... But in the 1991 Disney movie it's sort of implied that they might get together... So that felt odd but also an interesting addition!
☾ Also I have another secret that will be revealed soon! :D I know you hate me for this LOL!
Okay! That was a big one! I am going to go start Downton Abbey so I can enjoy some more Dan Stevens (and I need to see this show otherwise my friends will stop talking to me) and wait for amazon to put the DVD/BLU-RAY on sale/pre-sale! I want like 30 copies! I can't wait to see all the extras... I'm still hoping in an extra scene like in Pride and Prejudice (2005) at the end! :D Remember, when Darcy and Lizzie decide how to call one another now that they're married... Maybe we can have a scene with Belle and the Prince talking about something! xD